Data Network Connections
Connections to a UT Health Science Center Network.
Description: A standard network connection consists of one Ethernet port to host one node (computer, printer, etc.) at any of the campuses, installed for a fixed fee. Special installation circumstances (difficult to install, long distances, fiber connection, etc.) may increase the cost. Indicate on the Service Request Form a higher speed Ethernet connection is needed or whether there are any special needs. A network analyst will determine if there are any additional costs and the time schedule to install. You may ask for an estimate on the installation to get a more precise cost.
Contact Information: IMS Service Desk, 210-567-7777 option 1
Restrictions: Does not include software or software installation
Time Constraints: None
Turn Around Time: Typically within 2 weeks
Cost: The following flat rate schedule was developed to reduce the amount of time necessary to complete a Service Request Form estimate. This schedule will be used for most estimates, but may not be used for special or unique requests. After an initial consult, an analyst will determine whether the flat rate schedule can be used. Flat rate services include installing an unshielded twisted pair (UTP) cable for a 10BaseT connection.
- Network connection flat rate schedule:
- Data networking connection , $465.00
- Off-campus computer network connection
(call for Estimate), $465.00
- Remote videoconferencing and SNMP connection, $120.00
- Videoconferencing equipment purchased separately
- Additional recurring charge for communications link to the campus
- Data network prewire (wiring only) , $180.00
- Data network drop on prewire , $285.00
- Reterminate relocated wiring on existing port , $210.00
- Recertify active port , $53.00
- Upgrade 10MB to 100MB, NO CHARGE
- Upgrade 100MB to 1GB, $285
- Special network application requests:
- $45.00 per hour for Network Analyst and Installation Staff
- $60.00 per hour for Senior Technical Staff (example: ACL changes, special firewalls, etc.)
- Materials - at cost
- Urgent requests are subject to expediting fees
Request Instructions: Submit a Service Request Form.