The Online and Blended Learning (OBL) Team of Academic Technology Services (ATS) provides course design assistance, technology training for the new Blackboard Learn system tools and training on software used in developing e-learning or blended (partially online, partially face-to-face) learning materials.
- Course Design Consultation
- An OBL consultant can meet with you one-on-one to discuss how Blackboard and our Online and Blended Learning Team can support your online and blended teaching efforts
Faculty / Staff Development Workshops - ATS offers workshops on a variety of Blackboard and instructional technology related topics.
Additional training options
- Faculty - between January 1st - Sept. 30th , 2012, a one hour, one-on-one faculty orientation to the new Blackboard Learn is requested for current course directors at the time of or shortly after migration of a course from the old Bb CE8 system to BbLearn. The intent of the orientation is to confirm that all materials are migrated correctly and faculty are aware of the changes within the new system. There is no other mandatory training. Faculty will be given access to the system to the online Blackboard Faculty Online and Blended Learning Certification Course. Further training is optional unless required by the dean, chair, or program director.
- Staff - who wish to have instructor status in BbLearn must complete the BbLearn Staff Certification Course. Go to Knowledge Center to sign up for the BbLearn Staff (via Course Catalog / Academics). Additionally, there are over 50 short, practical video tutorials from Blackboard available from the BbLearn entry page at www.bblearn.uthscsa.edu under Faculty Toolkit and How-to Videos.
(through the Knowledge Center
Register Through the Knowledge Center
- BbLearn-Blended-Online & Blended Learning Certification for Faculty
- BbLearn-Online-Online & Blended Learning Certification for Faculty
- BbLearn Certification for Staff
- Workshops on a specific Blackboard Tool: Fundamentals, File Management, Content Creation, Communication Tools, Assignment, Assessment, Grading Center, Respondus Test Bank Tool, or SoftChalk Content Creation Tool.
- Additionally, OBL offers workshops in topics specific to Online and blended learning: How to create effective Discussion Boards and Wikis, Creating Effective Rubrics, Multimedia, etc.
- Go to https://kc.uthscsa.edu and login using your UT Health Science Center domain and password
- From your Personal KC page, click on the Course Catalog tab
- From the list on the left panel select the plus sign (+) next to "Academics"
- Click the "Enroll" button to enroll in any of the Blackboard courses
- All workshops are held in the DENT 3.464T Faculty Resource Center
Cost: There is no cost for attending workshops.
Customized faculty development can be arranged. Please contact Online and Blended Learning Director Aggie Manwell-Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org.