Human Capital Management (HCM)
PeopleSoft is the HSC's system of record used for business transactions. PeopleSoft HCM 9.1 provides the University with a tool for Health Science Center community interactions – allowing faculty and staff to connect with Human Resources processes.
- The HCM 9.1 user training introduces the user to processes, including New Hires, Terminations, Funding panel changes, Position Create modify forms, Concurrent Job Data, the ability to access departmental information through available queries, and HR maintenance required by the department. Training must be completed before access is granted to a user.
- The DCATS HCM 9.1 Front Office Training is available in the Knowledge Center under the Information Technology folder.
HCM9.1 Process Guide (pdf) - This guide will provide information for New Hires, Concurrent Jobs, POI's, and Job Maintenance (ex: LOA, Terminations, Salary Adjustments, Transfers, Retirement). You will also see examples of a process and the steps you take to enter the transaction in PeopleSoft.
HCM9.1 Menu Changes (pdf) - This guide will focus on the menu changes and additional Tenure pages coming with PeopleSoft v9.1.
HCM Organizational Hierarchy Training Guide (pdf) - This guide will assist you with updating employee's reporting relationships, which is known as the "Reports To" field.
HCM Merit Process Guide (pdf) - This guide will provide steps to assist you when entering merits for employees.
Action/Reason Codes (pdf) - Last updated July 2007
Human Resources Workflow (ppt)
Pay Group and Earn Code Listing
Helpful Hints for Combo Codes (pdf)
Chartfield _Fund Descriptions (pdf)
- Performance Evaluation Job Aid (pdf) - This job aid will assist you in the steps used when entering performance evaluations into the system for employees. If you are the HCM user, you will need to send an email to HR Admin (email@example.com) for assistance, as the system will not allow you to enter your own information.
- Position Management
- Employee Separation
- Person of Interest
- Changing Personal Information
- Payroll, Compensation, and Benefits
Business Software Application Support Contacts:
- HSC Business Information System Resource Guide – a handy guide for who to contact with questions or problems on business applications.
- Network, Connectivity, Logon – Contact the Service Desk, 210-567-7777, option 1
- Application functionality of Data for PeopleSoft, DRS, InfoView, Hyperion, Enterprise Analytics – contact: Application user support team firstname.lastname@example.org or 210-450-0090.