Annual Operating Budget Process
Summary: Two software applications are used to plan budgets; PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM) and Hyperion Budgeting. The process for setting position budgets will be performed in PeopleSoft HCM. The process for setting revenue and non-salary budgets, as well as routing consolidated budgets for departmental, Executive Committee, and institutional approval will occur in Hyperion Budgeting. The summary data from HCM is automatically loaded into Hyperion so users may see the cumulative results of their planning. After all departmental budgets have been promoted to the institutional level; the Budget Office will generate the final budget documents for submission to UT System.
Resources: The following resources are available on demand, intended to assist budget preparers and approvers. Online budget training courses are available for all users new to the budget process or experienced users needing a refresher. The SharePoint sites contain resources and important information to assist during the budgeting process.
- Hyperion support SharePoint Sites:
- User Process Guides
- Budget Training Courses
- Online budget training classes are available at no cost and allow users to learn at their own pace. The online classes can be accessed at any time through the Knowledge Center. After logging in, navigate to the Course Catalog, expand the Administrative section, and click on the respective launch button.
- The Budget Timeline is available in the Important Information & Deadlines section of the Hyperion Budgeting SharePoint site and can be accessed by selecting the link for the FY 2017 Operating Budget Timeline.
Application Support Contacts:
- HSC Business Information Systems Resource Guide – a handy guide for who to contact with questions or problems on enterprise business applications.
- Network, Connectivity, Logon – Contact the Service Desk, 210-567-7777, option 1
- Application functionality PeopleSoft, DRS, InfoView, Hyperion, Enterprise Analytics – contact: Application user support team firstname.lastname@example.org or 210-450-0090
- Information regarding business processes, Training Guides, schedules, account hierarchies, and SmartView may be found on the Hyperion SharePoint sites listed above. Additional questions may be directed to: