Most of the accounts created for you on UT Health Science Center systems will operate on a single
password known as your UTHSCSA Domain Password. These accounts
include your UT Health Science Center Exchange email account, VPN, the inside.uthscsa.edu portal,
the HSCwave wireless network, the Knowledge Center training system, and Blackboard.
Description: When your account is initially created, it will be
configured with a default, pre-expired password. You will need to change this
password before you will be able to log into your UT Health Science Center accounts. See the
‘Password Self-Service’ section below for information on changing your
- Password Reset Self-Service:
UT Health Science Center provides a website where you can change your own password:
Begin by providing your UT Health Science Center username.
- You must register with the password reset system on your first login.
- Use your current, temporary or your expired password to login with your username.
- Once authenticated, you will be able to:
- Pick a new password
- Add/Edit answers to personal security questions and provide an alternate email address(s)
- Guide to enrolling in the UTHSCSA Password Reset Self Service
- Additional Password Reset Assistance:
If you are unable to use the self-service system to reset your password:
- Anyone – regardless of departmental affiliation - can come in person during regular business hours to the Techzone, Med 406L (main campus), or the RAHC Library. You will need to bring a picture ID. Requests for password resets cannot be accepted by email.
If you are unable to use the self-service site, or if you need additional assistance,
please contact the IM Client Support Servicedesk by phone at 210-567-7777 option 1 or
by email at IMS Servicedesk .
- Additional Password Information:
- UTHSCSA domain passwords must be reset at least once every 60 days.
- You may not reuse previous passwords.
- Safeguard your password. You must not let others discover your password. If you
believe it's been compromised, then change it immediately. See
UT Health Science Center Handbook of Operating Procedures for general (central computing)
responsibilities that you have with your password. See also Computer Passwords at
for more detailed responsibilities.
If you need assistance with another UT Health Science Center password, please contact the support
team for that particular system. If you are unsure who to contact, you may
contact the Triage Helpdesk, and they will try to put you in touch with the appropriate
Contact Information: IMS Service Desk , 210-567-7777 option 1
Restrictions: UT Health Science Center domain accounts are only provided to individuals
with an active UT Health Science Center affiliation.
Cost: No fee for a UT Health Science Center domain account
Request Instructions: UTHSCSA domain accounts are automatically
provisioned for all students, residents, and active employees. All other requests can be submitted via IMS Self Service Portal, My Services/Network Account