Virtual and Innovative Teaching and Learning (VITAL)
Virtual & Innovative Teaching and Learning (VITaL), a division of Information Management & Services provides consultation, technical assistance and creative expertise in support of the teaching/learning mission of the University. VITaL works collaboratively with faculty, staff, and subject matter experts in support of the education mission. VITaL services include:
- Evaluate, promote, and track trends in virtual and innovative learning technologies and strategies that enhance health professions education.
- Collaborate with programs, schools and faculty in the innovative design, development, delivery and evaluation of curricula and educational materials.
- Provide training in sound pedagogical applications of campus supported virtual innovative learning technologies and strategies.
- Manage the incorporation of campus supported virtual learning technologies (for example the Canvas Learning Management System, SoftChalk Online Lesson Builder, RESPONDUS Test Bank Software). Pilot-test and help implement learning technologies.
- Support faculty, staff and students in sound pedagogical applications of virtual and innovative learning technologies and strategies.
Location: VITaL Center (2nd floor ALTC)